Monday 13 January 2014

Hit or Miss?

nars sheer glow



Hi guys!
I'm back after the holidays with another beauty post!
This will be the first Hit or Miss post. That means, I'll make a quick review about a product I've tested. So if you have any suggestions for another beauty product go ahead and write a comment.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
After hearing and reading so many positive reviews about this foundation I went ahead and bought it during our stay in London. Just to let you know, I have combination skin with some dry patches here and there.

Application: I apply it with a round top kabuki brush from sephora. The first time I applied it, I really didn't like it, but then I found out that it looks a lot better when I only apply a tiny little bit and buff it in VERY well. 

Look on the skin: I'm not a big fan of the finish, because you can really tell you're wearing foundation, not like with the bourjois healthy mix serum where you can barley tell you have anything on your face.I'd say it's medium to full coverage with a dewy finish. Even though I like a dewy finish, I couldn't wear it without putting a setting powder on top, because it feels quiet sticky.

Wear: I have to say I like this foundation for the first 3-4 hours, but then it starts to feel extremely oily! It doesn't look that oily, but the feel of it is very unpleasant. Another negative point is, that it transfers very easily and wears off as soon you touch your face or blow your nose.

Pro's:
  • Great color selection! I have very "yellow" skin and I found the perfect color match!
  • Easy to blend
  • Covers blemishes, so you won't need a concealer
  • Looks very flawless if you don't mind that "foundation look"
  • Stays on the whole day, if you touch up with a bit of setting powder a few times a day
Con's
  • Transfers like crazy!!
  • Starts to feel oily after a few hour
  • Looks like you're wearing a lot of foundation, even if you applied a tiny little bit
  • Feels sticky without setting powder
Bottom line:
For me this is definitely a Miss and I don't understand the hype around this foundation. Maybe it's just my skin and my preferences in foundations but I just don't see anything special in this product. I'm still going to trying to use this bottle up and try it with a few different primers, maybe that makes a difference and for going out it's not that bad because in low lighting it looks very flawless. If you like this foundation, please let me know what I should do to make it work for me. 
Hope you liked this review! If you have a product you would like me to do a review on, write it in the comments below!
Love, Jeannine









No comments:

Post a Comment